CABUILLA BAND OF INDIANS ELECTRONIC PARTICIPATION CONFIDENTIALITY AGREEMENT
I, as a condition of electronic participation in General council meetings of the Cahuilla Band of Indians (the "Tribe") hereby enter into this Confidentiality Agreement ("Agreement") under the following terms and conditions:
- Confidential Information. Pursuant to the General Council Electronic Meeting Policy (“Policy”), Tribal Members can participate in General Council meetings electronically. As a result, Tribal Members will have access to confidential information, documentation and discussions outside of the physical meeting space. “Confidential Information” means all information, data, or knowledge (whether or hot marked as "confidential" or "proprietary") regarding the Tribe acquired during the General Council meeting.
- Restrictions on Use and Discourse of Confidential Information. The following restrictions apply to Tribal Member's use and disclosure of Confidential Information:
- All Confidential information shall be the sole exclusive property of the Tribe. No such materials or properties shall be subject to private use by Tribal Member without the express written consent of the Tribe.
- Except in discussions with other Tribal Members, the Tribal Member will hold in confidence and will not disclose, produce, publish, permit access to, or reveal Confidential Information, at any time prior to the Tribe's intentional public disclosure of that information, without the express prior written consent of the Tribe. A prior unauthorized disclosure of Confidential Information will not release Tribal Member from any of the obligations in this Agreement.
- Tribal Member shall use the Confidential Information only for the limited purpose for which it was disclosed.
- Duration. The restrictions on Tribal Member's use and disclosure of Confidential Information set forth in this Agreement are ongoing. These restrictions will only cease in the event of either of the following:
- The Confidential Information becomes generally published or available to the public, other than through a disclosure that is not authorized by the Tribe; or
- Disclosure is required by law and Tribal Member has notified the Tribe in advance of the use or disclosure.
- Notice and interpretation. If Tribal Member becomes aware of, or reasonably suspects, the use or disclosure of Confidential Information in violation of this Agreement, Tribal Member will immediately notify the Tribal Council via written notice. If Tribal Member bas any questions about the applicability of this Agreement, including whether any information qualifies as "Confidential Information”, Tribal Member may submit a written request to Tribal Administration requesting clarification.